Many people don’t realize that the Christian Shelter was established 40 years ago. Now the shelter’s four-decade history is presented in a new book named, “Christian Shelter: Serving People in Crisis for 40 Years.” This colorful history book highlights the shelter’s founders, renovation projects, donors, challenges, and the triumphs rooted in God’s generosity. Order your copy of this fundraiser book by clicking Christian Shelter 40th Anniversary Book Order Form.
Never one to shy away from a challenge, Christian Shelter, Inc., is researching and writing a book about its 40-year history. This ambitious project is becoming a reality as you read this!
“Christian Shelter: Serving People in Crisis for 40 Years” goes to the printer next month. The soft-back book will feature historic stories, colorful pictures, insightful interviews and interesting facts about the Shelter’s life. Our promise: the reader will be left with more information than they ever knew about the Shelter. It will be available for sale (as a fundraiser) and will be promoted through local media, social media, the newsletter, and on this site.
Charitable Giving Made Simple. Leave a Legacy.
We want our donor community to be aware of their options when making contributions to the Christian Shelter through the Community Foundation of the Eastern Shore (CFES). Consider your many choices:
- Donate by cash, check or credit card at cfes.org/Christian Shelter Endowment Fund
- Appreciated stock, bonds or real estate can be transferred to cfes.org. Designate the transfer to benefit the “Christian Shelter Endowment Fund”
- Direct all or some of your Required Minimum Distributions (RMD’s) from Traditional IRA or 401(k) accounts to cfes.org/Christian Shelter Endowment Fund. This option allows the donor to avoid paying state and federal taxes on their RMD’s
- Have you considered including the Christian Shelter in your estate planning? In addition to supporting a worthwhile cause, there could also be tax advantages for your estate. Simply designate the Christian Shelter as your beneficiary or remainder beneficiary in your Will, trust or life insurance policy. You can specify either a dollar amount or a percentage. Check with your attorney for instructions regarding proper wording in your Will.
Shout Out to Bryan Murfree
On June 24, 2021, chairman of the board Bryan Murfree was recognized as the recipient of the 2020-2021 Rotary of Salisbury “Four-Way-Test Award.” This prestigious award, presented annually to a non-Rotarian, recognizes the recipient’s dedicated community service while embracing the principles of the Four-Way-Test:
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL and better FRIENDSHIPS?
- Will it be BENEFICAIL to all concerned?
Congratulations, Bryan Murfree!