Welcome to our revised and vibrant website. Being the First Executive Director of the Christian Shelter in it’s 40 year history, I would like to uphold our mission which is to minister to the spiritual, emotional and physical needs of people in crisis through the provision of safe shelter, nutritious meals, practical and spiritual direction and the life changing good news of Jesus Christ. This shelter was planned, built and is provided for by GOD through HIS people!
Here at the Christian Shelter we believe life-transformation is seeing people advance through the Seven (7) “S” of Transformation in order to be self-sufficient and successful in life where they are:
- SAVED – making choices that will keep them from chronic illness and physical death and making a choice that will keep them from eternal death by accepting Jesus Christ as their personal Savior.
- SOBER – no longer controlled by stimulants, depressants, and intoxicated in their thinking.
- STABLE – mentally and emotionally balanced whereby they can enjoy good health and a clear focus.
- SKILLED – being academically credentialed and set on a career path.
- SECURE – able to provide financially for themselves and their family.
- SETTLED – benefitting from having their own safe residence to stay every night.
- SERVING – giving back to the community through missional living.
It is through these seven phases of transformation our guest’s lives will be transformed by the power of the Holy Spirt which will enable them to take their rightful place in society.
If you are interested in volunteering or donating to the Christian Shelter, please contact the Christian Shelter so we can serve you with the spirit of excellence.
Thanking you in advance for joining our effort to end homelessness in our community. We pray that you will continue to partner with us in our vision to end homelessness on the entire Eastern Shore.
Pastor. J. Anthony Dickerson – Executive Director Christian Shelter