Volunteer opportunities are available year-round.
- Assist the breakfast & dinner group volunteers with final stages of meal prep as well as cleanup.
- Help ensure the kitchen area is clean and ready for the next meal prep.
- Great opportunity to learn about how a commercial kitchen operates & get to meet other volunteers and staff and engage with guests.
- This is a great position to volunteer for at least once/twice a week once you are trained.
- Work with a team of volunteers to complete final prep for dinner then serve and clean up for up to 50-60 guests at a time.
- This is a great position to volunteer for on a regular basis once trained.
- Great position for youth volunteers looking for community service hours. Must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Support shelter staff during daily/evening/weekend activities.
- Answer phones
- Receive donations
- Filing/keying information into a data base
- Doing rounds to check room status
- Church/Civic Groups needed to watch children while parents are attending counseling or attend nightly devotions.
- Assist with after school programs at shelter as needed.
LAUNDRY SERVICE HELPER
- Assist in laundering linens that are handed out to shelter guests.
- Usually done in day time hours 11:00am-2:00pm
- Can accept short term volunteers for this task.
- Responsible for light duty cleaning at the shelter as assigned. Can include cleaning the kitchen area as well as the dining area between meals.
- Light mopping of floors
- Window washing
- Bathroom cleaning for the day room & office bathrooms
- Good jobs for youth volunteers accompanied by an adult/guardian.
- Can be assigned to do general tasks needed at the time.
- Sorting of clothing at the clothing ministry.
- Sorting of canned goods and dry goods donated to be sure that all food is still good at that the shelter rotates the food properly.
- Light painting
Questions? For more details about our volunteer program, please contact our Volunteer manager at 410-749-5673.