Volunteering with families and children
As noted before, any youth under 18 years of age will need to be accompanied by a supervising adult such as a parent, guardian, teacher, coach, pastor etc.
Ways for families and children to help
- Fundraising activities such as bake sales, car washes, garage sales, etc. and then donate the proceeds to the shelter.
- Seek our opportunities to provide the homeless with fast food certificates, grocery store certificates or actual foods such as granola bars, crackers, etc.
- Consider seeking out homeless folks and provide blankets, socks, gloves, hats, scarfs and other warm clothing for the colder months.
- Bring personal items such as soaps, shampoo, lotions, toothpaste, tooth brushes, diapers and such and donate to the shelter.
- Make sack lunches and drop them off at the shelter.
- Have a child donate his/her allowance for a week to the shelter to help support the homeless guests.
- Coordinate some friends to visit the shelter for a tour and see firsthand how the shelter operates and ways to volunteer to help.
- Grow some vegetables in your home garden and donate to the shelter.
- Donate school supplies to the shelter for the children at the shelter.
- Offer to spend time at the shelter to help with after school activities like homework, playing games & other activities with the children.
For further information contact our Volunteer Manager today.